Make Your Own Impact on Affordable Homeownership
Training Program Gives You the Tools to Grow Capacity
Learn how to help build the capacity of affordable homeownership programs and preserve long-term affordability. NCB Capital Impact’s Cornerstone Partnership program has developed a suite of proven tools designed do just this, as well as a Certified Technical Assistance Provider program to make these tools more widely available to help build the field.
Now is your chance to build your expertise in a four-part training program, which consists of a series of 1.5-hour online webinar sessions with approximately one hour of required reading or “homework” prior to each session. Tentative dates (subject to change) are:
• March 1
• March 15
• April 12
• April 26
All sessions will be scheduled at 11:00 AM -12:30 PM Pacific / 2:00 – 3:30 PM Eastern.
The program, co-sponsored by the National Community Land Trust Network, is appropriate for full-time consultants with broad housing experience or practitioners currently working within affordable homeownership programs who are interested in providing peer support to other homeownership programs.
The four-part training program will consist of Key Topics:
• Pricing and financing structure for affordable homes
• Preserving affordability: Resale and recapture formulas
• Stewardship of affordable homes over time
• Managing resales
• Sustaining organizations that steward affordable homes
• Using Cornerstone’s TA Tools
o Comprehensive Assessment
o Decision guides
o Sample policies and procedures
o Online Document Library
At the end of the sessions participants will have the option of completing a practicum and short written text. Participants who successfully complete the practicum and pass the test will receive Cornerstone Certification.
Benefits of receiving the Cornerstone Certification include:
• Certified TA Providers will be listed with short bios on Cornerstone’s web site
• Certified TA Providers will be entitled to use the Cornerstone TA materials in their private consulting work
• Certified providers will receive priority in assignment of future TA engagement through Cornerstone Partnership
Please note that while Cornerstone manages a direct technical assistance program which funds a number of consulting engagements, Cornerstone’s grant funded assignments are typically small and participants in this training program will not be guaranteed assignments.
Visit the Cornerstone Partnership website to register!